For LDSS Staff
CRAFFT helps local Departments of Social Services shape stronger families by supporting their capacity to assess and train resource families.
Technical assistance is provided to LDSS staff is as follows:
- Identification of pre-service and in-service training needs of resource families (Information gathered via completion of a Needs Assessment).
- Assistance with establishment of a plan to meet the pre-service and in-service training needs of resource families. Plans include logistics such as identification of trainer (CRAFFT Coordinator, LDSS staff, or both as co-trainers) date, time, location, and topics.
- Identification of training needs of staff interested in providing pre-service and in-service training to resource families.
- Assistance with establishment of a plan to meet LDSS staff training needs. Plans include logistics such as identification of course, prerequisites, date, time, and location (In region and out of region).
- Notification of upcoming trainings, events, and conferences offered by CRAFFT, neighboring agencies/organizations, and statewide entities.
- Identification of free and for purchase training resources for foster, adoptive and kinship families.
- Coordination of Regional Roundtable meetings for LDSS staff to meet with colleagues in their respective regions to share and exchange information, ideas, and resources on training, recruitment, development, and support of resource families. Additionally, the Coordinators invite guest speakers to the Roundtable meetings to share information on various regional and statewide programs and initiatives.
Training for LDSS Staff